Engineered Flood Vent – State Certified
$79.00 – $149.00
- Engineered Flood Vents are compliant with FEMA’s flood zone requirements
- Flood Louver - Patent No. US D583,042
- Removable louvers and vermin screen for ventilation-may also be used for crawlspace access
- No cover allowed to block the automatic entry and exit of floodwaters
- Durable ABS/UV Treated plastic (no rust or rot)
- Quick & easy installation-instructions and hardware included
- Excellent for remodeling or new construction
- Flush mount install OVER the foundation opening. For example, our sizes describe the opening within the frame 8"x16" but the flange that mounts over the opening adds a 1.5" frame for mounting: Total Dimensions=11"x19". So for each size, we listed the opening within the frame, just account for the extra 3" for each side that mounts to the wall outside of the opening. Your opening can be slightly larger or smaller than the listed size because of the flange.
- Engineered Certificates included in the box for the following states: AL, CO, DE, FL, GA, LA, MD, MS, NC, NJ, SC, TN, TX, VA
- If you need Engineered Flood Vents for the other 33 states, consider ICC-ES Certified Flood Flaps Engineered Flood Vents
- Flood Vent Installation Instructions
What are Engineered Flood Vents?
Engineered flood vents differ from non-engineered flood vents in that they are designed and certified by a registered design professional. Engineered openings may be equipped with screens, louvers, valves, or other coverings provided that they permit the automatic entry and exit of floodwaters.
What are the benefits of having flood vents?
You can save money on your flood insurance premiums by reducing your homes' flood risk. Flood risk is unique to each structure and depends upon factors such as the elevation of the property relative to predicted flood levels, the construction style of the building, and the flood risk zone. Adding flood vents to your homes' foundation walls provides a means that permit the automatic entry and exit of floodwaters which protects your foundation and reduces your flood risk. Lowering your flood risk reduces your flood insurance premiums according to the National Flood Insurance Program.
Does FEMA approve flood vents?
No. federal policy does not allow FEMA to approve, endorse, certify or recommend any products. While a product may be in compliance with FEMA design guidance, any language from manufacturers stating their product is "FEMA approved" or "FEMA certified" is incorrect. Non-engineered flood vents do not need a certification. Engineered flood vents require certifications for the state they will be installed. Companies claiming that their flood vent is the only "legal" flood vent is also incorrect. Our Engineered Flood Vents offer competitive coverage area, for an affordable price, compared to other engineered flood vents on the market.
How can I be FEMA compliant when using or installing flood vents?
NFIP's main flood insurance requirements are:
- You must have at least one square inch of opening in the foundation wall for every square foot of house’s enclosed area.
- The bottom of the flood vent opening must be less than 12 inches above the ground.
- Two vents per enclosed area, on different exterior walls.
Customer service is Crawl Space Door Systems number one priority. Chris, our Certified Floodplain Manager, can answer your questions about installation of flood vents, being FEMA compliant, or any other questions you may have about flooding or flood vents. Give him a call at 1-800-230-9598. You may also email Chris at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org