Buy Crawl Space Doors Online
Crawl Space Door Systems, Inc.
5741 Bayside Road #105
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Mon - Fri 8a.m. - 4p.m.

What Is My Flood Risk?

What is my flood risk?
What is my flood risk?


What is My Flood Risk?

High-Risk Areas (Special Flood Hazard Area or SFHA) are high-risk areas, where there is a 1 in 4 chance of flooding during a 30-year mortgage. All business and home owners who have federally regulated or insured lenders are required to buy flood insurance. Shown on flood maps as zones A or V. Moderate-To-Risk Areas (Non-Special Flood Hazard Area or NSFHA) are areas where being flooded is greatly reduced but not completely removed. Flood insurance is not required for moderate-to-low areas, but they account for 20% of NFIP claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for floods. It is recommended for property owners and renters to get flood insurance. Undetermined-Risk Areas are areas where no flood-hazard analysis has been conducted, but there is possible risk of flooding. These areas are labeled with a letter D on flood maps.  For more information about FEMA and flooding visit our Questions and Answers section.

Have we helped answer the question?  What is my Flood Risk?


Sign Up For Email Offers!

Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox.